How To Make An Artificial Phalaen (Phalaenopsis) Orchid Flower Hair Clip
Whether you are simply dressing up for a stroll on the beach or going to a special event like a wedding, this artificial Phalaen orchid hair clip can add a beautiful accent to your hair. It can be used for brides, bridesmaids, flower girls or anyone. Enjoy this simple tutorial.
- An artificial Phalaen orchid artificial flower head
- A black alligator hair clip, 2.4" long
- A hot glue gun
- A pair of pliers (flat nose)
|1. Artificial Phalaen Orchid Flower Head
|2. Black Alligator Hair Clip, 2.4"L
|3. Hot Glue Gun
|4. Flat-Nose Pliers
- If your orchid flower head is attached to a wire like the one shown above, cut the wire as much as possible. Usually, you will be left with around 1/8" of wire. If you cut too much of the wire, the flower head parts will loosen since the wire is too short to hold every part together. Use a pair of pliers to bend the wire 90 degrees so that its sharp end is not poking out.
- Turn on your glue gun until it is ready to be used. Drop one to a few drops of glue to cover the cut wire end, so that the sharp wire is fully covered. Let dry (usually takes several seconds).
- Take your black alligator hair clip and wipe clean with a dry cloth the front flat side where the orchid flower will be placed and glued to. Once cleaned, apply a long strip of glue to this part. Do not use too much glue otherwise it will overflow and get messy.
- Attach the orchid flower to the hair clip making sure that you have placed it in the desired position.
- Hold both the orchid flower and hair clip for a minute. Then use two extra hair clips to clamp the two items together until it is completely dry and secure (usually takes 20 to 30 minutes before unfastening).
- Congratulations! You have made a beautiful Phalaen orchid hair clip. Happy Crafting.
Stay tuned for a video tutorial of this.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.